Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July Recap

I'm sure other things happened in July, but in my mind there were pretty much two main events. Camille's 1st Birthday and Comic Con!!! We'll start with Comic Con:
Last year I went to Comic Con and Camille was born a week later. I was SUPER pregnant and got an awesome handicap sticker on my badge. It helped me get in lots of stuff and was all around awesome. This year we didn't get a handicap badge but I had my sweet little cosplayer with me so it was nice to have someone with me in lines. We also had a friend, Kristen, who we hung with a bit too! Camille had three outfits, a pink Dalek, a Firefly related costume (Jayne Cobb's #1 Fan), and a Tardis. I worked REALLY hard to make them and I was really proud how they turned out. I've never sewed clothing like this before. I made her two dresses and for her TARDIS dress I made her a light up headband. I was so proud of that, it rocked! We went to a ton of panels, John Barrowman panel, Nerdist, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Falling skies, Breaking Bad, Revolution, Cup of Joe Marvel Comics, donated blood, walked the exhibit hall a bunch, got some presents for friend, Camille had her picture taken a TON of times, and met lots of people and had fun!
Here's some pics!
 Camille and Matt Mira! He loved her Jayne Cobb hat!
 First time giving blood!
 The hero of Canton's #1 Fan
 So much Stuff!
 Star Wars Oragami
 Passed out after a busy day being a nerd
 Camille and her best friend John Barrowman at his book signing. She's a baby Tardis!

 Lego Iron Man
 Camille Baby Tardis and awesome 4th Doctor

 Adorable tiny 10th doctor playing with Camille. It was SO CUTE!

 In line at the BUTT crack of DAWN for Doctor Who panel!
 Tiny Dalek!
 Baby Dalek and John Barrowman again!

After Comic Con, it was getting ready for Camille's birthday! My mom came down for a week and Brendans parents came down for a few days. My sister and her family, Brendans brother and my dad came down for the party too! Lots of people were here for our girls 1st birthday!! We invited lots of friends and it was crazy! Kids everywhere, toys, food, friends and family. It was the best. It was exactly as I'd hoped it would be!! It's amazing to me that she's one. On her actual birthday all day I kept thinking back to what I was doing exactly on year before. Going to the doctor for an ultrasound, them saying she was going to be like 8 1/2 pounds then my doctor saying I'm leaking fluid and to go to the hospital. Getting hooked up and induced, the terrible non stop contractions, epidural bliss, her being sunny side up and so hard to get out and my mom getting there JUST IN TIME. It was amazing and hard and perfect all in one. She's such an awesome girl. She gives kisses, loves to explore, laughs a lot. She is starting to get mad when she doesn't get her way and doesn't understand why you take things. She's sad when you leave. She's becoming a person. Watching her grow up! Here's som pics from her party:











July was Awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment