Monday, July 2, 2012

Five Short weeks and so much to do

We are officially at the 5 weeks until her due date time. I realize she can come anytime before or even after that, but it's easier for me to grasp if I keep a general date in mind. Five short weeks. Next month! It's July. Holy Frijoles.
Doctors appointments have been going well. I've done two NST's and they were both good, so she's moving and doing whatever it is that they want her to be doing. The ultrasound I had at Dr. Steigers put her at about 5 lb 9 oz. They say they can gain around 1/2 lb a week so there's a good chance she'll be around a 9 pound baby. Weirdly enough, I'm not that worried about that right now. I guess I have so much else on my brain that the actual pushing out of a ginormous baby isn't even registering. haha Pregnancy brain strikes again! Here's some pics of me at the Dr and the richter scale thing they guage the NST's on.

 In other news, I had a nice weekend. I met with some of my knitting friends on Saturday morning. Made a new knitting friend and just laughed and talked a lot. I love knitting, I just wish I had more time to do it. I love yarn and feeling it and working with it but I just have a hard time finding the time. I'm not good enough to knit without looking and things like that so I have a hard time multi tasking. I thought I was doing super good on Saturday but then later on I realized I had misread the pattern. So I ripped it all out and started over. I'm about to where I was when I had to frog so at least I'm not too far behind. I also finally made a new knitting needle holder. With my super special Tardis fabric. Yes I finally actually cut it. I had a yard and I've been terrified to cut into it and ruin it. Luckily I'm SUPER stoked on how it turned out.
 I also might have something of a needle problem. I'll admit it. But interestingly enough I feel like I'm actually missing some of my straight needles. I have a lot of circulars. They're the crappy ones I bought on Amazon. Which are actually and Amazing deal, but my dogs really seem to enjoy chewing and I've had a couple of them break pretty easily. I'd like to get one of those sets that has the interchangeable needles.

 And then I spent the rest of Sunday cleaning the office. I'm definitely not done yet but I've been slowly working on it and I actually made some good progress. I was able to make room and move the yarn buckets into the weird closet area in the office. I may have to enforce a no yarn buying ban on myself.  To be fair I did just receive an awesome huge bag of yarn recently so that is part of it.
Lastly, check out this AWESOME beautiful decal in the baby's room. It took us like an hour to get it all set up but it's freaking amazing. I'm not very good at decorating so it's awesome that a whole wall is like totally beautifully decorated. Thanks mom! There's a purple bookshelf I have my eye on that will look so cute underneath the tree.


Oh on more thing. COMIC CON is NEXT WEEK! I'm SO freaking excited. and The Comic Con gods were smiling down on me. I didn't get a Saturday pass and I was just sure that one of the things I REALLY wanted to see would be on that day but it's NOT! My numero uno importante was Doctor Who and it's SUNDAY! This super pregnant gal will be there with bells on!

No comments:

Post a Comment