Saturday, June 23, 2012

6 weeks

We're pretty much about six weeks away. It's a little weird. Like I'm doing all these things to get ready but I feel really detached. Like I'm doing it for someone else. Packing the bag for the hospital, washing and putting away baby clothes. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that we will have a baby in just a few weeks. I'm sure this all normal, the feelings of "what if I'm a shitty parent??" or "what if it hates me?" or even "what if I dont like her?". I've talked to people who were totally indifferent their whole pregnancy and they've all assured me that once she's born and we settle in, things (and by things I mean feelings) will start to make more sense. Well and that I'll think I've gone totaly insane. But really, that's pretty regular nowadays.
Anyway, I've got two dr appts this week. One with Dr. Steiger for a Non Stress Test and a date/weight ultrasound and then another with my reg doctor for the non stress test and regular check up. I'll be having the NST's twice a week for the rest of teh pregnancy. The ultrasound will tell us if she's growing faster than she should be or if she's sticking to the schedule.
Tomorrow is my last event until the baby is born. It's in LA, it's the 1st one of it's kind and my parents are coming. I'm looking forward to it but am sad too. It's weird to not be making towels and collars all the time.
OH also, I signed up for a class for fall. Did I already mention that? well I paid for it and everything so it's legit. I'm excited. After that I'll have one class in spring and will have my accounting certificate! YAY!
Lastly I've started a different baby blanket. I've got like an inch done but it's with thicker yarn so hopefully will go faster. I have no delusions that it will be done in 6 weeks but I realized I only knit her ONE thing and I haven't even put the flowers on that dress yet. BAD KNITTER. Terrible. So I need to get cracking on this blanket!

Here's some random pictures of our life at the moment.
New Couch:
 Rocksy Snuggle Bug:
 Gift from co-worker! Yea!
 Baby Books! My mom and I are working our way to get the whole Serendipity collection! Now we just need a bookcase. Someone had mentioned getting us one, but I'm not sure exactly how to ask about it. I'm pretty sure to ask about a gift is bad taste so maybe I'll just have to let that go.
 Closet organizers! Purple is from Land of Nod (thank you Bronwyn) and the tan one is from my Auntie Diana They're awesome! I'm putting clothes up and blankets and towels and sheets and bibs and socks and tons o other crap away!
Here is the crib! With my ewok and mogwai hanging out in there for now.
 Changing table with pad and cover courtesy my best friend Jennifer. It's so pretty and soft. And my mom made that pompadour ball!
 And lastly our pizza! It looks pretty terrible but I swear it was Delicious! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Waiting is the weirdest part. Not that having the baby in the house for the first few days isn't weird but it becomes more normal. Here's to you, Brendan, baby and most of all, PIZZA! ;-)

    ReplyDelete