Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baby Showers, Zoo and Family

We had a really awesome weekend this last weekend. My mom came into town Wednesday night and helped me out on my last night of Villagefest. It's so weird to think I won't be there until after the baby is born. I've only missed like a handful of nights in the last two years. I'm bummed that I'll probably lose my spot too. But it was a good night and I got to say bye to everyone. Now I'll get to go back and walk around like a regular person :-)
Friday I worked a half day and then picked up Brendan's mom Carol, my sister and nieces from the airport! It was so awesome to have everyone here!! I made a no sugar added carrot cake for the party. I must say it was pretty darn good!!!

 Saturday we got the house all ready, decorated and whatnot for the baby shower! It was awesome. The house was packed with people, I just didn't realize so many people were coming! I mean, I saw the numbers but it looks like so much more when they're all sitting in your living room! We got so many presents, I was totally overwhelmed. It really made me feel loved to see all the things people picked out for this little girl. There was so much thought and caring put in each gift. It's amazing to me how special it all is. I got to hang out with like almost all of my favorite people in one sitting! It was beyond awesome.

And we had a sprinkler after party!


Sunday we went to the zoo and did some shopping. By the end of the day, my feet were dying, but it was totally worth it. All THREE of the cheetahs were out and I got to say hi to all my goat friends :-)
 
Sadly, everyone went home Monday. The house felt so empty!
Today I had another diabetes appointment. The girl I meet with is really nice, I like her. Anyway, I'm having a hard time with my fasting numbers. I test four times a day: once first thing in the morn (fasting) and then an hour after every meal. My meal numbers are all perfect. But the fasting ones are always high, never below the mark they set. So I have to take an average this week, if it goes up I have to make an appt for next week and meet with Dr. Steiger about possibly going on medication. If it stays about the same then we'll just play it by ear and keep an eye on it. I have my regular OB appointment tomorrow and I'm supposed to find out how big she is. If she's trending to be bigger than she should be (by the week I am) then I'm also supposed to call and make an appointment with the diabetes people. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be a good appointment.
This weekend I have an event in San Diego. It's a special event to me, it was the very first one I ever did and I've done it every year since. My mom is coming with and she's done it with me every year too. It's the SD Doggie Street Festival. Can't wait!

 And lastly here's a pic of Ava on the awesome bouncy thing at the mall!


 

Until next time................

No comments:

Post a Comment