Friday, August 10, 2012

Living and Loving

When I last wrote a blog, it was early in the morning on Thursday the 2nd. That day when my mom and I went to to hospital we found out that Camille was being released that day!! We were totally unprepared, we had to go home to get her car seat, my hospitals bracelets etc, I had to take a baby CPR class, find a pediatrician and make an appointment all before we could bring her home. Well obviously we ran around and did it all and brought her home that day. Here's her in her carseat for the first time, getting ready to leave the NICU:

And here's her in her "going home" outfit and in her crib for the first time:
She's been home now for just over a week and it's been amazing. She really is a great baby. She sleeps really well, wakes up a couple times a night to eat, loves to nap in her swing and look outside. She does't cry much and really loves to look around and check things out. She eats a lot, I'm getting used to breastfeeding. I'm tired a lot but that's to be expected. I can't believe she's only 2 weeks, it seems like she's doing things that are beyond her age. She's like a little dolly, she's so amazingly beautiful. I try to imagine what she'll look like or talk like but all I can see is these beautiful big eyes and perfect skin. We've been lucky enough to have my mom here this whole time, helping out. She loves holding her and has helped out around the house a lot. I had to take her to the airport today to fly back to Oregon for my Grandma's memorial. It was really sad to see her go. The house is very quiet and I miss her already. She'll be back for a long weekend soon but it's still sad. With Brendan working, I'm going to have to find ways to get out and see people so I don't go crazy with cabin fever. I wish we could take walks, but it's 116 today. Even after the sun goes down it's way too hot for my girl.
It's still so strange to think of myself as a parent, as a mom. She's here, she's home and I can't imagine her not being here now. I worry about her and love her more than I thought I even could. It's a mind boggling experience.
 I've taken like forty billion pictures, here's a few of them. The first one is my favorite!! :-)




I think it's nap time for me now. I take them when I can get them!

2 comments:

  1. Renee she is just so precious! I love the piglet beanie she has! :) I am so happy that she is doing well and you and your little family are so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful!!! I can't wait to hold her!!!
    -Audrey

    ReplyDelete