Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weird Things


Throughout my pregnancy I came to realize there are all kinds of things that no one tells you about. You hear about the barfing and constant peeing and everyone tells you that labor and delivery hurts but really that leaves a lot out. How about the terrible heartburn. And the constant quesiness that never turns into barfing but is on the very edge for months on end. The insane swelling on feet and hands, the sciatic nerve pain every time you walk. The sleepless nights because you either a) can't get comfortable or b) are sweating even though you already turned the AC on again. I know some people love being pregnant. And parts of it were great. Feeling her move, hearing her heartbeat, the kindness of strangers, getting in the handicap line at Comic Con. All Awesome. But the rest was rough. I'm honestly surprised I didn't have more meltdowns! But the end result is worth it. This little girl was 100% worth it:




 
And now we are two and half weeks into her life here on the outside. I've only had her about a week and a half here home with me and only a couple days of being home alone during the day with her. We've watched the Olympics, taken naps, cleaned, bathed, eat and organized. I'm tired a lot but feel like I should be getting more done. I'm going to start trying to make dinner each night. I need to get some recipes together and plan meals and shop for them. Since I'm on disability for 12 weeks I'm making quite a bit less each month than I would be working so we need to find ways to save money and cut costs. I'm interested to see how much we can cut out and where all our money goes. I'm refusing to think about going back to work. I start to freak out when I think about leaving her all day. She's like my side kick, I don't want to go anywhere without her. I would give anything to be able to stay home with her, raise her instead of paying someone else to do it. Aaaaaa! Don't think about it!
So, anyway I was mentioning all the things that you don't hear about. I'm sure it's because not everyone experiences them. Every birth and baby are so different that I'm sure everyones healing process is totally different. For me, besides the normal milk related boob stuff and episiotomy related itching, I've had a couple random other pains. My knees are Killing me! Every time I crouch or get up and down they hurt! My feet hurt too. Feels like I've been standing barefoot on concrete for a week but I've been staying off my feet, definitly not on them more than normal. Maybe it's because the swelling is down so I don't have that extra cushion. Huh, I just thought of that. Also, I get a weird taste in my mouth when I breastfeed. It's just for a second right when she starts so I think it's some kind of weird response to that. It's weird but not painful or bad or anything. I had hoped my vision would go back to normal but it's still a bit fuzzy. I need new glasses
WHOA I just got projectile vomited on. That was pretty amazing. Good form, Camille! I will say that gross things like poop and vomit and spit up are totally less gross when it's your kid. Or maybe I'll be better about these things now that I have had a child. Who knows.
I got to Skype with my family today. My mom is up in Oregon, they had the memorial and scattering of ashes for my grandma. Ashes scattering always makes me think of the Big Lebowski. Luckily they didn't have any moments like that. My aunts and cousins are all up there so we skyped and chatted for a bit. It was sad and kind of odd to not have my grandma there. I was kind of like hey where's....... oh right.
Here's some pics from the last couple days.
Hanging out on her tummy. She's reading to go!

 I'm trying to do this yarn wrapped letter thing but it's harder than it looks. I've got one and half letters done.
 We call this look "Milk Drunk"
 Sweet Rocksy. She loves Camille, she thinks she's her doggy momma!
 Crazy look!
 I can finally show you this knit gift. I made this for my best friend. It's a little baby sweater for her girl due in Oct. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out and she liked it.
That's about all for now, Brendan is off Mon and Tues so maybe we'll get to get out and do some family stuff. I wish it wasn't so hot!! We'll see. I gotta get out of this house though! Oh but good news is some friends are bringing us dinner tonight and falling skies is on tonight! woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kiddo - looks like you and sweetpea aree doing really well!! dont worry about the weird stuff - your body is re-arrainging all its hormones and it will take a bit to get back on an even keel. believe it or not the nursing actually helps the process. as for the knees - keep taking your calcium & if it continues for a week or more talk to your dr. again your body changes post baby are probably causing it. if littlest did the progectile barfing right after eating = try sitting her in her swing or bouncy immeadiately after feeding.. breastfed are less prone to the problem but some babies need to Not be laying down for a bit after feeding. IF it continues every feed tell the doc. there is a very fixable problem that causes the severe problem.. doesnt sound like you need to worry bout that tho.. can hardly wait to meet the little lady :) -- our new addition may show up 3 weeks earlier than originally thought according to the ultrasound.. could make life "interesting' lol - hugs - robin

    ReplyDelete