Saturday, January 5, 2013

A new Year is Upon us!

As we can all see, blogging is falling down the list of important things to do. Work and daily life activities have taken precedence. I won't Promise for more blogging this year, but I will definitely try!
So! December!
Obviously, the most important thing, CHRISTMAS!!! Camille's first Christmas! It was great! We stayed home, Brendan's brother came to visit, we opened presents, had Christmas dinner and took the tram to the top of Mt San Jacinto and played in the snow. Carrying a baby while treading through snow is NOT easy! And neither is the damn walk back to the tram station. But we had a lot of fun and it was great to have Tyler here too.
Let's do a quick showing of our December in the random pictures I Take:
I made this for my best friends daughter for Christmas:
 I cut up my wedding dress! It was stressful:
I did it to make an awesome family Christmas tree skirt. I'm not done with it yet, but it's coming along awesome
 
 My friend Julia took some awesome picture of Camille and I. I love these two!!


 Camille enjoyed the tram ride up to the top of Mt. San Jacinto

Opening presents with Grandma!

 And playing drums with grandpa!
 Taking a Walk to Oso Flaco Lake
 Hanging ornaments on our tree. Notice the lack of regular ball ornaments. Brendan banned them.
 I made this one of Camille's hand.
 Christmas morning playing with her stocking that Auntie Christine got her!
 Brothers!
 My girl and our tree :-)
 On the top of the mountain! Cold!!
 Playing in the dune. My dad is awesome!
 I took this pic, I love it!!
 Family <3
 And our girl is 5 months old now!!
At Camille's 5 month check up, she weighed in at 14 lbs (32%), 24 inches tall (14%) and 16 3/4 head (69%). Still short with a big head. But she wears it well.
As you can tell from the pics, we spent Christmas here and then the following weekend went to my parents and had a second Christmas there with my parents and sister and her family. It was awesome. Super fun! I love hanging out with my family! I even stayed up until Midnight on New Years Ever! Brendan, my mom and I played Yatzee haha!
Here's a few pics so far this year:




She's eating a lot of new foods so I'm attempting to make some. This above is green beans. It looks gross but I tried it and it just tasted like green beans! I'm going to try some squash and some other things too. And she loves to eat melon through this mesh bag thing we got her.
I'm looking forward to what 2013 has to offer us! i'm turning 30 in 20 days. The big 3-0!!!! Crazy! School starts the end of Jan! This will be my third tax season at work so I feel good about that. Just trying to get our life in order. I don't really have an New Years Resolutions. I guess it's to be positive and kind. More positive and kind - to strangers, to loved ones, as often as I can. There's so much negativity in the world, I want to be that happy spot that can brighten someones day. I also would like to do more creative things, 2012 I slacked on that, so I'd like to sew more and expand my knitting skills. Like maybe actually finish something HA!
And that, folks, is my monthly post. Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. 1. A DALEK IS GOING TO ATTACK YOUR BABY AND MAKE HER A DALEK!!! I thought you should know that.

    2. That picture of Brendan is SUPER AWESOME.

    3. Camille is sooooooo freaking cute. She's ridiculously photogenic.

    4. 30! It's going to be awesome! There is no other choice. If it weren't awesome, you'd just be miserable for 10 years and then you're 40.

    Bright spot! :D

    ReplyDelete