Sunday, January 27, 2013

Resolutions for a 30 Year Old

So I kind of skipped the whole New Years Resolutions thing. I guess it just slipped my mind. Well boo hoo. I know the norm is for people to be all GUNG HO in Jan and Feb then begin the slide in March, if they last even that long. So instead I'm going to do resolutions for my 30 year old self. It's basically the same thing but centered around my birthday, as all things should be. *Ahem*
So I've already got a couple on my mind.
Numero Uno: Take better care of myself. Yes I want to lose weight but I don't want to fall into that resolution trap so I'm making it different. As we all know, I'm no longer in my 20's and will not be getting any younger. I want to take better care of ME. Of my skin, teeth, hair and body. For my skin, I'm going to attempt to take my makeup off at night for once, use a really good night cream and maybe start putting some eye cream on to ward off those wrinkles. I'm already good about sunscreen in my lotion and makeup so I'm ok there.  I finally have dental insurance so I'll be making that trip soon. I'm thinking about doing a major chop on my hair. And I've decided that once the baby starts sleeping better I will get up earlier and run in the mornings. Right now, for the last few weeks she's been waking up 2-6 times a night and honestly I just can't wake up any earlier than I already too. I'm not getting enough sleep. But I do want to start jogging agin, so once I'm sleeping more than like 4 hours, I will start the Couch Potato to 5K again.
Numero Dos: FINISH two major knitting projects. This means actually complete from start to finish two projects. And a scarf doesn't count. I started a baby sweater, hopefully I can finish that. I'm the Queen of unfinished projects so I really want to have some finished projects I can show off :-)
Numero Tres: Work on my sign language. I want to use it more with Camille and I want to just learn it better all around. SO practice more.
Numero Quatro: Chip away at debt and build my credit score.

I think if I can work on these all year, I'll be doing pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. How very adult of you. I approve haha! No, seriously, good job. I might join you in some of the healthy stuff. I feel an odd need to jog. And I don't jog. Like, I just don't.

    Should be interesting...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete