Thursday, September 6, 2012

Interesting Baby Information

Camille is 6 weeks old now. Time has flown by. I read lots online and in books about developmental changes and things she is doing and will be doing soon. After all this time I JUST read a question that I never even thought about.
What if your baby was born early?
Camille was born almost 2 weeks early. So is she developmentally a 6 week old or a 4 week old?
The article I read said that certain things are learned and she'll be more able to pick them up like a 6 week old but others she'll be more on par with a 4 week old.
It totally makes sense, I just never thought about it before. If she was supposed to be born 4 weeks ago but came out early then yea, I can see that some of her growth would be more on par with a younger baby. Luckily it doesn't matter much because it's only 2 weeks, but for preemies this information would probably be good to know!

Yesterday she was REALLY fussy. Like cried and fussed and couldn't be happy for more than a couple minutes. It started in the evening. We were on our way home from dinner and she fell asleep in her car seat. So I left her in there when we got home since she'd had such a hard time falling asleep. This was around 9pm. At 12, she still hadn't woken up so I went to bed and brought her and the carseat in our bedroom. She didn't wake up until 5am!! She slept for 8 hours! AMAZING! I wish I would've slept with her instead of waiting up until 12. I just kept thinking she was going to wake up anytime.

Tonight I fed her, bathed her and then read her a story. She fell asleep a little after 8pm. We'll see what time she wakes up tonight. I put her in her crib (not the co-sleeper). I'm going to bed right now so we'll see how long I get to sleep for! :-) Lucky for her she's so pretty and I don't mind her interupting my sleep so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment