Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Two Months Old!

My sweet little girl is Two Months old!! It's amazing!

We are home from our trip. The rest of the time there was awesome. The Cruzin for Life dinner went fantastic. They raised $85,000 just in the live auction and cash thing. Totally AMAZING. It's really awesome to be a part of something like this, to see people caring and still able to give to help those less fortunate. It's really great.
Sunday was another part of Cruzin for Life, this year they had a big Concert! Lee Rocker, Dave Mason and Los Lobos!! My mom, dad, the baby and I all went. We had really good seats that Clifford got us, but it was too loud so we moved back and sat in the way back bleachers. My dad has some kid headphones that he has Ava wear when she plays drums with him so we put those on the baby! It was so cute!  Look at those cheeks!! We only stayed for Lee Rocker, but she seemed to dig the Rockabiily music. I know I did! He put on a great show. Love his bass!
Speaking of music, we also figured out the Camille is a big reggae fan. Specifically UB40. She likes to be rocked to it and would calm right down. Although not so much with Bob Marley. I will admit that I am NOT much of a reggae fan, but I do happen to like UB40 so Im ok with that. I like those Brits turning crappy Niel Diamond songs into awesome ones. Ha!
 

 So anyway, after the concert we went to the beach again with the dogs. It was cold and foggy but still beautiful. and more importantly we stopped at Alex's for dinner. Now, if you're ever in the Pismo Beach area and you like ribs you have to stop there. I LOVE THEIR RIBS. They're messy and sloppy and the most wonderful thing ever! Don't be fooled by the half broken neon sign and overall general hole in the wall-ness of the place. All that matters are the ribs.
Monday my mom and I drove up to Atascadero and went to the zoo. It might be the tiniest zoo ever but they actually have some cool stuff there. I really like lemurs and they have some, they have wallabies and emus and jacob sheep, a tiger a huge porcupine, red panda, monkeys and a fossa. I want a Fossa! Have you ever seen one? Look it up. It looks like a cat/weasel type thing. Really cool looking. Very sleek. Looks like it would bite the shit out of you though. Oh and the zoo has turkeys. And looking at them just really instilled in me two things 1)I just do not like birds and 2)turkey waddles and heads are seriously disgusting. It looks like their have brains on the outside. Blech, gross.
And here I am at the zoo, scraficing the baby to the lion gods AKA the water fountain at the zoo haha

And because I know you all love me in all my total randomness, I present you with these beautiful portraits of myself. Give me a back of candy corn and I just can't help myself!


I crack myself up!
Anyway, after the zoo a friend of mine from high school took some baby pictures. She got some really awesome ones. Of course my normally happy quiet baby decided to be a fuss bucket that afternoon but despite that, here are some awesome pics:









 I drove home Tuesday and have just been unpacking and cleaning since I got home. I really miss my parents. I had such an awesome time, I love that we can do so much when I'm up there. Hikes, the beach, the zoo, even just hanging out at home with my parents is awesome. We always have fun. I wish we could move closer. Maybe one day.
For now, it's still hot but cooling down, I think its supposed to be under 100 for a day or two this week which is exciting. We'll be heading up to Northern CA for a wedding in about a week so fingers crossed that drive goes well. Camille's 2 month appointment is on Friday so I'll have some new weight and height stats then!


No comments:

Post a Comment