Thursday, September 6, 2012

Maternity Leave Half Over....

My heart starts pounding and my throat gets tight when I think about returning to work.  It's seriously terrifying. I'm meeting with a couple ladies to watch her but it's going to be terrible to leave her. I truly hate the idea that I will be paying someone else to watch her and raise her and teach her. I would do almost anything to be able to stay home with herl
In similar news, I've been cooking more! I made lasagna a couple nights ago and garlic rosemary chicken last night! Tonight we went to a friends house for dinner and I made these delicious crescent roll deserts. So good!

My days have sort of been running together. Feed the kid, clean, eat, sleep, feed the kid, watch HGTV, feed the kid, repeat haha She's sleeping longer stretches and also staying awake longer. She looks around so much and is taking it all in. She's getting fussier. I think she's going through a bit of a growing burst so there's that. And around 6pm she gets really fussy. I heard that sometimes it happens because they are taking in soo much information that their brains get over stimulated and they're just overwhelmed. It's a bummer because it's right before I want to start making dinner and I can't put her down and even when I hold her she's only quiet for a minute before crying again. When she does finally crash out, you can just tell she's so tired. Poor little gal.
Pinterest has sucked me in. I've been looking at all their awesome DIY stuff, I want to do it all! I'm super excited that Fall stuff is out and Christmas is around the corner. I've got lots of ideas! I made a little nest egg pendant, I think I might make a couple of these, I'm sure the next ones I make will be better haha.
 
I've also started covering a lampshade only to realize that I didn't buy enough. Bah.
 
And I made a footprint tile thing. It was really easy, I might do it again and attempt to get her hand. But she'll have to be asleep because she always moves her fingers and it just doesn't turn out right!
 
 So many crafts to do and so little time.
Doctor Who is back! HOORAY! We had some friends over and I made fish sticks and custard (actually pudding), sontaran spud potatoes and cupcakes. It was fun. Yay for awesome TV being back! I'm waiting for my shows to come back on, like Walking Dead and New Girl!


 Just some random pics:







That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Did you make the cinnamon crescent rolls that are on pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://eatatallies.com/2011/04/resurrection-rolls/
    that's what I made except I didn't seal them all the way or cook them that long so they were gooey and awesome. and I added some cinnamon sugar on the tops of each. Seriously so good

    ReplyDelete