Monday, May 21, 2012

Bad News, Fun weekends and some stress.

Well the tests came back and I have gestational diabetes. I don't know much about what's going to happen other than I most likely will not have to take insulin, just watch what I eat. I feel like I've been pretty good about it so far in my pregnancy but I'm sure they'll find areas that I'll have to cut back on. I have a class on Wednesday to teach me about eating and to get my blood tester thingy. It's going to make the next couple months a bit harder but I think we'll be ok. I've been reading up on it and my main hope is that the baby won't get too big and that the diabetes will go away after she's born. Fingers crossed.
The fun news is that I went up to Chico this weekend. Drove up with my mom and dad and we got to be there for Ellie's first birthday! It was awesome. She's such a big girl! Ava was a sweety and shared her room with me. I brought my ginormous body pillow and we all (me, Ava and baby belly haha) snuggle up on her bed. The drive was super fun, I love trips with my parents, we sing and laugh and are weird and it's awesome. Road trips with my mom and dad are amazing. I wish I could hang out with them more! Maybe when we win the lottery and can move closer :-)
Sunday was a LONG ass day, leaving Chico at 8:15am and finally getting home (with a couple short stops) at 10pm. But I don't mind because it was all to be with my family so totally worth it! Here's some pics:

I also got a ton of baby clothes and stuff from my sister. SCORE! I'm going to try to put it all away and get the baby room more settled this weekend. Maybe make a crib skirt with this awesome fabric I bought recently. We shall see.
So lately, been a lot of ups and downs. Just worrying about health and stuff, but enjoying family. Behind on bills and want to get a small loan but don't have good enough credit to get it, because I'm behind on bills. It's like uhm, hello, that's why I need it! But I'm going to just keep on keeping on and hope something comes up that will help us out. Need to start looking into day cares and stuff too because so far not a lot of them take newborns. Jeez la weez. The countdown is definitely on! 11 weeks and counting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment