Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Busy Weekends

Seems like every weekend I've got something going on! Busy Busy!
Last weekend I drove up to Santa Maria. Got in Friday night, and hung out with my mom a bit. I was in town for two reasons. Mini High School Reunion and Strawberry Festival.
I had decided to make cupcakes for the reunion. My mom had baked a bunch so they were all baked and cooling when I got there. I got a little crazy and made all the frosting and filling from scratch. We had cherry chip cupcakes with maraschino cherry frosting topped with a cherry, chocolate cupcake with PB filling and PB cream cheese frosting, yellow cake with pineapple filling and pineapple cream cheese frosting and strawberry cupcake with banana filling and cream cheese frosting. And I'm so bummed I didn't take pics of all of them when they were done. Here are some pics of the chocolate ones:



 I used a melon baller to cut out the centers of the cupcake then filled them with the yummy-ness insides. Then I piped frosting on top!



They were all super amazing delicious. We made extras to take to a bake sale for a girl that died. She was pretty close in age to me, worked with my mom for a while. Very sad.
So Sat morning I made all these (my parents kitchen was a DISASTER! haha), then hung out with my dad. We went for a walk in the riverbed. B-Bop had a BLAST running after animals and romping through the grass. Conan ALMOST got a rabbit. That would've been TERRIBLE. He was super close! Afterwards, my dad went surfing and I laid down for a while. My feet were swelling again. Here's Qi snuggling with me:

Saturday night was my reunion and I had a great time. Good dinner, great to see all the people. It was small because people were being cheap ass jerks about it all but Diana did an awesome job and I got to see a lot of people I wanted to see!
Sunday we went to the strawberry festival. It was really small this year. But I got some strawberries and petted animals at the petting zoo. They had all these cute goat crosses and deer and pigs and even wallabies. Here's some pics:

 
Overall a really great weekend. I miss my family a lot, I would give almost anything to live closer to them. I'm super excited too because I'll be seeing them again in two weeks for Ellie's first Birthday!! Woo Hoo!! She's going to be one! And it's the first time seeing my sister since I've been "showing". I still sometimes think I just look fat vs. pregnant but oh well. She's moving around a lot tonight. Must be the taco bell and strawberries I had for dinner. haha Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment