Friday, May 11, 2012

Strollers and tests.

I had my one hour glucose test on Wednesday. It consists of drinking a yucky little orange drink and sitting in the waiting room for a hour then having blood drawn. No exactly exciting. I witnessed a kid have a full on meltdown. Ironically it was when they were getting a urine sample. He didn't cry when they took blood. I think he was cried out at that point.
ANYWAY, fast forward to doctor appointment today. Apparently a normal reading of glucose tolerance test is around 130 and I was slightly high at 169. That sounds more than slightly to me but regardless this means I get to do the THREE hour glucose tolerance test now. Monday morning at 6:30am. Joy oh joy. If that one comes back bad it means I have gestational diabetes. Which would super fucking suck. I mean it's three more months, but still. I've read that usually it's just controlled with diet but some cases require insulin shots. So the test says the three days before to eat a bit more carbs than normal (which sounds counter-intuitive to me but I ain't no doctor) so I want pasta. yummmm.
Another awesome part of all this is my continued feet swelling. I now only wear my flip flops (which are a size freaking bigger than normal) and cannot fit into regular shoes. SO where does that leave me and my 5K I was supposed to walk this weekend? At a bypass. I asked my doc about it and she said walking 3.1 miles in flip flops with the way my feet are is probably not a good idea. I'm super bummed. I really love this event and hate to miss out on it. So bummed.
Other then that, nothing much here. The baby shower is in like a month which means lots of people coming to visit and I'm super excited. I'm suddenly super unsure about the stroller I picked out. I did a lot of reading and I really like it. I know a couple people who have the super fancy bug a boo type strollers and they seem great and all, but there is just no way I can spend $800 on a stroller. Not even if someone else was buying it. It's just too crazy for my brain to wrap around. The travel system one I picked out has good reviews and the car seat will last until the baby is 30 lbs. I just for some reason felt like I needed to check again if there was something better and cheaper. All this baby stuff is so expensive. And yes, I know it's only going to get more, but with having to pay $350 every time I see my doc once a month and all the tests and extra crap we have and paying for that, it's just hard to catch up. Thank goodness for family and hand me downs. And presents. :-)
So next test is Monday and hopefully we'll know more mid week. I'll keep y'all posted.
Happy Friday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment