Sunday, May 6, 2012

I. Am. Exhausted.

This was a LONG weekend for me. It all started Friday when I had a rough patch at work. I made a huge error that will cost my company almost a couple thousand dollars. My boss didn't yell at me or anything, but it's like dissapointing a parent. I try so hard but mistakes happen. I was biting my tongue just to keep from crying. I was so mad at myself for letting it happen.
ANYWAY, Friday night I drove to San Diego. I arrived at my best friends house pretty late and after chatting for a bit went to bed. But Rocksy has other plans. You see, Jennifer's mom and step dad were visitng and they had their new puppy with them. And apparently Rocksy NEEDED to see that dog. All. Night. Long. I went to bed almost 12 and had to wake up at 4am. And she woke me up like 4 times. I wanted to strangle her! She was just sitting at the door whining. I thought she had to pee, but no, it was a ruse to try to sneak into Anabelle's room.
Needless to say Saturday was rough. No makeup, hair barely brushed but WHATEVER. I had to be set up by 6:30 and set up usually takes us an hour. But I was alone at the event this weekend and almost 7 months pregnant so I gave myself extra time. And I needed it! The event went great though, there were thousands of people there! After, it took me almost 2 hours to tear down and I was beyond tired. My back hurting and my fingers hurt. It feels like I bruised liek the inside padding on my fingers from picking up the totes and tables. I think it has to do with the swelling.
After the event, I found a yarn store. Only, it wasn't just a yarn store. It was a store of Awesome. It's called the Groves and they sell a TON of random stuff. You can find their store here. Look yarn is color coded. I LOVE when things are color coded.
Cool books, yarn, kitchen stuff, clothes, I mean I could've spent forever in there! And the owner lady was so beyond nice. She asked what I was making, then asked about the baby and genuinely was excited. After I bought all my yarn (More than I probably should've spent but it was SO squishy and heavenly) she offered to wind it all for me. So I took a walk and found a bunch of cool stores with handmade stuff and a surprisingly good shave ice. Here's the yarn I got:



The colors look terrible via my iPhone picture. The 6 left-most yarns are Spud&Chloe Sweater in gray and a lavender. The 5 right are Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Cotton (100% organic grown), a light gray, light pink (called frosting!!) and a deep purple. Looooove the purple.. The 5 on the right are for the zig-zag pattern from the last blog and the ones on the left are for the other babay blanket pattern. Who knows if I"ll get to them but I figure, I can be a 1st birthday present haha. Or I'll take it to Comic Con with me and knit while I'm standing (or more sitting) in long lines.

That night had dinner and desert with my best friend and her family. She's moving soon, so it's nice to see her. And her family is like a second family to me so  I don't mind hanging with them too!
Sunday I drove to Temecula for the 3rd Annual Wine Country Weiner Fest! I've done it all three years and it's a really fun event. The people are all really nice and there are SO many dachshunds! It was at a new winery this year, Mount Palomar Winery which was seriously beautiful! And SUPER exciting, we got to see one of Rocksy's puppies! His name is Ziggy now, but he was Leonardo to us. I haven't seen him in person since he left us and he is GORGEOUS. He's got big beautiful ears and deep chest, great markings. I mean he is beautiful. I couldn't get a good pic of him, but here he is:

So that was Really awesome to see him. After the event I slowly packed up. I was the last person there besides the guy who runs the event. I think he was lolly gagging so I wasn't the last one there haha.
And now I'm home. But instead of relaxing, I'm making towels. Because there was a miscommunication and the big Canadian order that's supposed to ship out tomorrow? Only like 1/3 of it is done. So I'm trying to make as much of it as I can tonight. It really super sucks. My feet are killing me. OH and my hands are swelling now too! So I'm going to have to not wear my engagement ring for a while. How sad!
So I bitched a lot about this weekend but it was good overall. And in two weeks I'm going up to Chico with my parents to see my sister for Ellie's first birthday! Yahoo! One already! So exciting! Lots going on over the next few weeks! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment