Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cliffs of Moher

This was so amazing. We were driving along, seeing all these awesome little spots and we pull up to a parking lot thing when Allen jumps out to get our tickets (discount!). We get our tickets and walk towards the cliffs. There's an old man playing a tin whistle for coins, setting the most perfect ambiance and then you see them. Just the most beautiful breath taking cliffs. You're standing on a walkway of these really neat stones that have squiggles in them, made by worms millions of years ago when that stone was still just sediment. And the blue ocean, green grass, the wind. All of it just embodies Ireland. Standing on the edge you can imagine being hundreds of years in the past, traveling along, stopping at O'Briens tower.







I look at these pics and honestly they don't do it justice at all. I mean you can't even imagine the scale and the beauty.  It's such a shame! Brendan took some pretty cool panomanics. I don't know where he puts them so  I'll post those another time maybe.
Can I just say English TV is FRAKING AWESOME!? Uhm The X Factor is like a thousand times better here than home. Even their cheezy shows are funnier because they're all done in an accent. ha And man they play James Bond like All Day Long. Is he like a national hero or what? Jeez! Guess they don't have many hero's. Doesn't anyone remember Captain Britain, Capt. America's counterpart? Probably not and I doubt they're making a cool movie about him. And can Sean Bean ever just play a good guy? Not a bad guy turned good, just a plain ol' good guy? I like the guy! Even on Game of Thrones, he was good, but freaking died in the first season. and now he just died in Golden Eye. Oi, I'm off topic.
Tomorrow Brendan and I are going to go exploring. We want to visit a shop it Tumgraney (that's toom grainy) and visit Quin to see their Abbey and a pub that's supposed to be awesome. I must say, this country is PROUD of their Guinness, but I still think it's pretty gross. Blech. Did you know Arthurs Day is coming? It's a worldwide Guinness celebration day. So everyone should get to their local pub/bar on Sept. 22 and check out more about it here! I'm sure it'll be a big day here in Ireland!
As I said, I'm growing more in love with this place, so you're all welcoem to visit when we move here haha
Oh, Amber, you would LOVE all the farms here. Tiny little farms with their sheep and cattle and donkeys, making Amazing cheese and stuff. It's so awesome
OH I forgot we ate lunch in Dooin, and made friends with a donkey there. He was a nice fella. Here's a pic Brendan took
That's all for tonight! Until tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How spectacularly beautiful. I sure would like to see it myself sometime. I'm glad you are savoring your time there with Brendan.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture of you is so beautiful! They all are, but that one especially :)

    -Ronnie

    ReplyDelete