Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ireland At Last!

We've arrived!!!! It's so wonderful, amazing.
The flight from London SUCKED, the old man next to me doused himself in cologne, and I had a headache so the whole ride I felt like throwing up. We landed at the Shannon airport, got out of the plane, walked onto the tarmac and we see a rainbow. It was like Ireland was saying "Hello, Thielmans! Welcome!" haha
We got our car after a little confusion, it's a tiny little Nissan something or other. We put our luggage in and Brendan tried to get in on the driver side. Brendan doesn't know how to drive stick so I got nominated to drive :-) I don't mind, it's kind of cool. Just remember to stay on the left. The driver is supposed to be close to the center line, just like in America, but on the opposite side. So far I've done pretty ok!
We went to Scariff to find food and it's like something out of a movie. Tiny little town , skinny little roads, everything is brick with green moss and stuff. Green hills EVERYWHERE, cows, old stone walls, ferns. Pubs everywhere. We found a Centra, which is a grocery store. It's basically the size of a small 7-11 but apparently that's the only one they've got. We got some oatmeal, coffee and tea for breakfasts. Then we went to Supermac which may or may not be a McDonalds rip off. But it was darn good.
We passed our time share and had to back track but finally found it and it's awesome. It's like a little cottage, upstairs and downstairs, kitchen, laundry, TV etc. It's like a fairy tale! I want to live here! It's raining now, I love it. We're going to go to the Cliffs of Moher on Tuesday and this time share has a thing where they take you to a pub with live music a couple nights. We're looking forward to that. We're also planning a trip to Dublin and over all just going exploring. It's like just amazing buildings and things to see on the side of the road. It's so freaking beautiful.
So if we don't come back, don't worry, just send B-Bop and Rocksy over and maybe some of our wedding presents haha.
Despite my cold, we are loving Ireland and can't wait to go exploring :-) More pics soon!

6 comments:

  1. You made it safe...yeah...You both look so happy. I love it...What a cute little place to stay. Isn't it nice to be somewhere where everything is old..not like the desert at all..Have fun you two....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do some people wear so much cologne ??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't even THINK about not coming home again! We can't live without you and I don't want Ireland to get too used to you or they'll keep you.

    And NEVER trust a man who wears too much cologne. It means he's hiding something, and I don't mean just B.O.

    Please get to a pub and post photos of pints please. Got to go, I'm thirsty just thinking about it.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and aren't you driving on the wrong side of the road in Photo #1 there, or is it that I've had too many this afternoon?

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds pretty magical! Like the pic of you driving.
    Love,Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm driving on the left in that pic Christina! I swear! haha

    ReplyDelete