Saturday, September 17, 2011

Curbside

Brendan is inside this shop. He's super impressed with this guys work bit we have all our luggage so I'm hanging out outside.
We're leaving London today and I have a few observations.
There are lots of Indians and people o middle eastern decent. Zero mexicans. I'm probably one of the most Mexican people here. Me an my 25%.
Londoners Love to honk. Our first cab driver told us that if you drive into London, they charge you £10 just to drive in the city for the day. All drivers here are mildly insane. Like flipping u turns anywhere you please, parking on either side of the road, honking constantly and driving precariously close to other cars.
This is random but there seems to be way more interracial relationships here. I don't know if o would've noticed except that I kept seeing these beautiful babies and thinking they sure don't look like pasty londoners. Ha!
There are a ton of French people here. We've had more french waiters than English I think.
Tea makes me happy and I must learn the English trick to making it. It's so good here!
There are like zero trash cans. Oh excuse me, rubbish bins. They just leave bags by the front door of shops and rubbish men (that doesn't sound right but they're trash men) come and pick it up. They often even ask if you have anymore rubbish. I quite like the word rubbish and I may add it to my daily vocab.
Mail boxes are red not blue. Royal mail!
Brendan is convinced there aren't any bugs here. I have my doubts about that.
Old people get to ride the bus for free. And they're quite helpful.
And lastly, I'm still pissed that I didn't get to use a barclays bike while here. Seems they don't like our credit cards. The tube won't take our cc either. Fine then.
Almost forgot:
Everyone here smokes. Like everyone.
And I've seen more aston martins here then anywhere else. Mostly db9's but some vantages as well. Love love love

Farewell London. We hope to come visit you and the rest of england again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment