Thursday, September 15, 2011

Doctor Who Experience

We got to LONDON! We took the Tube to our hotel and basically checked in then left again. We had to get to the Doctor Who Experience so we grabbed a cab (since we didn't know where it was). When I told him the place he wasn't sure but then I said Doctor Who and he knew what I was talking about. He said "I didn't know they knew about Doctor Who in America!" He told us a story about how his younger brother used to run from the room when the Daleks came on screen! here's me hanging with one!
This "experience" was seriously so fun. It was like the Doctor got stuck in the Pandorica again and was trying to contact Amy and Rory but gets you instead (you're with a group of people, we had like 10). So you have to help him, you get to play with some controls on the Tardis, some Daleks try to get you and even walk through a cemetary thing with Weeping Angels. Then you help close the crack and all that. It was RAD. I think Brendan was beyond bored, but I was practically jumping for joy. Here's my and my David:
I can't attach all the pics on here, I'll have to start a kodak gallery or something with everything on it and link it here. There were costumes for all the Doctors and most of the monsters/aliens. Even some of the originals, like the progression of the Cybermen from 1966 to the most recent. It was nerd heaven.
The plane ride was 9 or 10 hours to get here, we left at 4:30pm and got in at 11am. I got about 2 hours of sleep. But I did get to watch one episode of Doctor Who, two Bones episodes, the Princess and the Frog AND i did some homework. Oh and I knitted as well. It was quite productive. But the day (days??) have caught up with me and even though it's like 7pm I'm crashing hard. Going to go to bed early tonight and sleep like a log then wake up early and be ready to hit all the fun spots on London.
I can't believe we're on our Honeymoon! SO COOL! We're in ENGLAND! A different country! We're paying for things in POUNDS! And took a double decker bus! And the Tube! And tomorrow I want to rent a couple of those bicycle things that you can rent. It so beyond cool!

Goodnight!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG you look so English! Not like a tourist at all!! Love you guys miss you already!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It proves that you married the right guy! Jet-lagged and probably trying hard to hide his boredom because he totally knows that this is your THING! I'm glad you got to go to this but I hope you are getting in your daily quota of ale too. Can't wait for the next exciting installment of the Adventures of the Thielmans!!!!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhh so excited for u! Miss u alot. I'm hoping you get to do ALL the fun stuff you want! Hugs to u and B-dawg (my new nickname for Brendan). Love u guys!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete